The Brisbane Portrait Prize Finalists exhibition run at the Brisbane Powerhouse from September 29 to October 31.
The exhibition will showcase the 75 artists who were selected as Finalists including 71 entrants from the main competition and 4 from the Next Gen Competition. We’d love for you to join us for this celebration of art, Brisbane artists and the characters who make our city, what it is.
We’ve included below more information on the Exhibition including location, opening hours and ticketing.
Exhibition times, location + tickets
The Brisbane Portrait Prize Finalists Exhibition will run at the Brisbane Powerhouse:
119 Lamington Street, New Farm
Attendance at this exhibition remains free, however, to manage capacities and ensure we all stay covid-safe, we will require you to book tickets.
- Official exhibition hours 10.30am to 4.30pm, 7 days a week.
- Exhibition visits are ticketed for for 1 hour blocks, starting at 10.30am.
- Tours will be offered each day at 11am, 12pm, 2pm and 3pm.
- To secure your place on a tour you must sign up at the Brisbane Portrait Prize Helpdesk when you have arrived Brisbane Powerhouse.
- It is not possible to pre-book tours
- Note: Tours will commence on Thursday September 30
‘Walk-ups’ without a ticket will be admitted providing we have not exceeded capacity for that time. To guarantee your spot, we recommend you book your free ticket via the button below.
If you are looking to bring a school group to the exhibition you have two options:
If it is a small group (10 and under) you may simply book via the button below
- If it is a large group, drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to work through the details with you
A note on parking at Brisbane Powerhouse:
Free parking is available at New Farm Park, alternatively you can park in the Brisbane Powerhouse car park where you’ll be required to pay for parking if visiting for more than 30 minutes – view parking rates here.
With only 148 car park spaces, we encourage patrons to plan their visit and consider alternatives such as public transport, taxi and rideshare services or cycling.
Exhibition Curator: Simone Linssen
Simone Linssen is a Brisbane based Curator and Gallery Director, with a postgraduate degree in Fine Art from the Queensland College of Art. She has curated and coordinated numerous exhibitions and awards through commercial and public organisations.
Staying Covid Safe
- Due to Queensland Government guidelines you must wear a mask whilst visiting the Brisbane Portrait Prize until further notice.
- You can view the Brisbane Powerhouse COVID Safe Terms and Conditions of Entry here.
- Please note it is a condition of entry that you follow social distancing rules and instructions given by staff at all times.
- Do not attend the event if you or your guests have any COVID-19 symptoms, or have been overseas or in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days.
- In order to manage our building capacities, you may be required to leave the venue immediately following the conclusion of your event. Please follow instructions provided by staff.
- If patrons do not comply with protocols, or authorised requests, they will be refused entry or asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse.