The Brisbane Portrait Prize Finalists exhibition run at the Brisbane Powerhouse from September 30 to November 1.
The exhibition will showcase the 75 artists who were selected as Finalists including 71 entrants from the main competition and 4 from the Under 18s. We’d love for you to join us for this celebration of art, Brisbane artists and the characters who make our city, what it is.
We’ve included below more information on the Exhibition including location, opening hours and ticketing.
Exhibition times, location + tickets
The Brisbane Portrait Prize Finalists Exhibition will run at the Brisbane Powerhouse:
119 Lamington Street, New Farm
Attendance at this exhibition remains free, however, to ensure we stay covid-safe, we will require you to book tickets.
- Official exhibition hours Tuesday – Sunday, 11am to 5pm.
- Exhibition visits are ticketed for for 1 hour blocks, starting at 11am.
- Limited ‘walk in’ tickets will be available for each session, however, in no way can we guarantee availability or capacity at Brisbane Powerhouse. For this reason we encourage you to book in advance.
Exhibition Curator: Simone Linssen
Simone Linssen is a Curator and Gallery Manager in Brisbane, having curated and coordinated numerous exhibitions and awards such as the Clayton Utz Art Award and the Rotary Art Spectacular.
In 2019 Simone worked alongside QUT Art Museum to present Anne Wallace’s Survey exhibition ‘Strange Ways’. In 2020 she was the curator of Cynthia Breusch’s 40-year retrospective with Lethbridge Gallery.
Simone has a postgraduate degree in Fine Art from the Queensland College of Arts where she has also curated a number of exhibitions.
Staying Covid Safe
- Please note it is a condition of entry that you follow social distancing rules and instructions given by staff at all times.
- Do not attend the exhibition if:
- You or your guests are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- You have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- You have been overseas or in a designated hotspot in the last 14 days.
- In order to manage Brisbane Powerhouse capacities, you may be required to leave the venue immediately following the conclusion of your exhibition visit.
- If you are enjoying a beverage before or after your event, please ensure you are seated. Adequate seating will be provided.
- If visitors do not comply with protocols, or authorised requests, they will be refused entry or asked to leave immediately without further recourse.