The Brisbane Portrait Prize is all about celebrating Brisbane portrait artists and their sitters.
The prize will be awarded to the best portrait produced by an artist with a connection to Brisbane and of a subject with a connection to Brisbane.
- A non-refundable $65 entry fee (inc GST) per entry must be paid at the time of entry.
- Payment must be made online via credit card.
- The artist and subject must have a connection with Brisbane
- This connection must be outlined as part of the entry process
- Self portraits are an acceptable entry
- The Brisbane Portrait Prize does encourage artists to consider producing portraits of people who have contributed to Brisbane
- Both you and the subject must be an Australian citizen or, if you are not an Australian citizen, you must have been physically present in Australia for the 12 month period immediately prior to your online entry
- The artist must be 18 years old or above at the time of entry
- Directors, Officers and Employees of the Board are not eligible to enter (however volunteers are still eligible to enter)
- All subjects must have been alive for a sitting and granted permission for the artist to enter the artwork into the Brisbane Portrait Prize
An original artwork, entirely completed and owned outright by the submitting artist
All artwork must be 2 dimensional
All artists must have the Subject’s consent to enter the artwork in the Competition, including ensuring they understand the artwork may be displayed to the public.
Portraits must have been completed within the 3 year period leading up to the Prize entry date
Artworks must not have won first prize in any other major portraiture competition
All artists must have done at least one in-person live sitting with their subject
Artwork must be:
- A maximum size of 2m high by 2m wide, inc the frame
A maximum weight of 15 kg, inc the frame
Wall-mountable, including use of D Rings and hanging wire.
May be multi-panelled, but combined size must fit within the above restrictions.
Original and not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party.
Additionally, for Digital entries:
- The submitted portrait may be produced using photographic elements (traditional or digital)
- Manipulation of the image is welcomed, and this may be in the pre or post production of the image
- Selection weight will be given to those entries that display a clear artistic and creative approach to the subject
- All digital mediums are eligible, but must be presented in a 2D printed form that can be hung in display
- Videos and other forms of display requiring power cables are not eligible
Looking for further information? We recommend checking out our:
If you have further questions, please do get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.